Home » Air » From Abbottabad With Hate: Bin Laden’s Last Letters

From Abbottabad With Hate: Bin Laden’s Last Letters

by John Reed on May 3, 2012

In case there’s any doubt in your mind as to why worrying about advanced shoulder-launcehd surface to air missiles is legitimate, take a look at this letter penned by Osama bin Laden that urges al Qaeda to try to shoot down the plane of either President Barack Obama or then Afghan war boss retired Gen. David Petraeus. The letter, published by the Army’s Combating Terrorism Center at West Point, is the one of a ton of documents seized during last year’s raid by Navy SEALs that killed bin Laden at his home in Abbottabad Pakistan.

Here’s a key ‘graph from the letter where bin Laden ordered the operation to try to shoot down Obama or Petraeus’ planes:

I asked Shaykh Sa’id, Allah have mercy on his soul, to task brother Ilyas to prepare two groups — one in Pakistan and the other in the Bagram area of Afghanistan — with the mission of anticipating and spotting the visits of Obama or Petraeus to Afghanistan or Pakistan to target the aircraft of either one of them. They are not to target visits by US Vice President Biden,SOCOM-2012–0000019-HT

Secretary of Defense Gates, Joint Chiefs of Staff (Chairman) Mullen, or the Special Envoy to Pakistan and Afghanistan Holbrook. The groups will remain on the lookout for Obama or Petraeus. The reason for concentrating on them is that Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make Biden take over the presidency for the remainder of the term, as it is the norm over there. Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the US into a crisis. As for Petraeus, he is the man of the hour in this last year of the war, and killing him would alter the war’s path.

So please ask brother Ilyas to send to me the steps he has taken into that work.

Biden’s wholly unprepared and will lead the US into crisis, eh? It’s almost a backhanded compliment to the President from Osama.

Click through the jump to read the rest of the document.

SOCOM-2012–0000019 Trans

Joe May 3, 2012 at 11:02 am

Many a slip twixt a cup and a lip. Dude sending some orders to flunkies does not constitute a 'credible' threat in my book.

Now if they caught some dudes on the border of pakistan with SA-18's or SA-24's, computer generated maps of the area, guard schedules, AND no FBI agents were part of the terrain analysis or operational planning…then it is a threat.

Otherwise it is some bad fiction.

Rohan May 3, 2012 at 11:08 am

Osama…………how can I tell you because you are in the hell…….heaven was never created for you. But remember……the bad people who are in hell will also not gonna make you live in hell too.

Osama………u r dead :p

prairiewinds May 3, 2012 at 11:10 am

and we are to belive the war is over sounds like someone forgot to tell the bad guys

Sgt_Buffy May 3, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I can find one key difference between the US issuing orders for the heads of top Al-Qaeda and these letters against Obama: They're dead.

Reading the manuscript, I am reminded again who we are fighting against, and why. Osama's letters have illustrated how similar their Jihad is to the then ours Christian Crusades of the 11th-13th centuries. Both are terrible, both are futile. I consider that this war may not be religious, but political. Osama [was] using the Islamic religion for his own benefit, because like any good religion, Islam is more about doing good for the neighbor than killing off [insert infidelic synonym]. We are not fighting Islam, we are fighting to get rid of extremists (including those on this forum) who danger the lives of the US and their allies. Remember that, do not forget why we are over there.

pleuris May 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Kudos for your comment!

m167a1 May 3, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Kudos for a reasonable post Buffy and for reminding us of the basic which we often forget.

One minor bit of snark though.
I'll take you to task on the early crusades. I view that as more of a counter invasion and fully justified. But that is a topic for a history forum somewhere, debating history is fun, not political.

Sgt_Buffy May 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Roger that m167a1. Well noted.

Ross May 4, 2012 at 6:19 am

there is more to the crusades than merely religion. but that would get me into some massive long essay not really relevant to the DT article lol.

otherwise id agree wholeheartedly with ur post. I had the pleasure.. :/ of attending an open lecture at my old university a few years back set up by the anti war folk. I went out of interest for their pov. It turned out to be an hour long rant about a war on islam, to take oil, ultimately manipulated by jews. and the anarchist types that attending were eating this up. It ended with me being gangbanged by a hall full of idiots when i attempted to counter with some dose of reality.

To conclude: there's a lot of idiots out there tht will believe what they want to believe.

These letters, tho only a tiny fraction of what was uncovered, are a great insight into the operations of Al Qaeda, its upper echelons, and their view of the wider war.

Anonymous May 4, 2012 at 12:36 pm

So why are we over there again? Osama was in Pakistan, not Afghanistan. The Taliban and Al Qaeda were driven out of Afghanistan 3 months after 9/11. Yet we stayed for another 10+ years.

Sgt_Buffy May 7, 2012 at 7:52 am

The threat is still there. We destroyed the main body of their organization, yes, but it's still an ongoing operation.

anon May 7, 2012 at 5:28 pm

The US hasn't exactly reaped a lot of riches from Afghanistan, so that's a weird POV… If it was for the economy, it must have been to ruin it…

Belesari May 3, 2012 at 2:57 pm

"As for Petraeus, he is the man of the hour in this last year of the war, and killing him would alter the war’s path."

Now if only he would run for president. But he has more honor than that.

"The reason for concentrating on them is that Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make Biden take over the presidency for the remainder of the term, as it is the norm over there. Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the US into a crisis"

LOLZ who expected that? Admit it.

Noha307 May 3, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I thought that was hilarious as well! Going so far as specifically note NOT to target Biden! I was LMFAO! You couldn't make this stuff up! I didn't realize the image of Biden as, for lack of better words, bumbling and slightly idiotic was so well known!

If you were Biden right now and heard about this what would you be thinking?

Nadnerbus May 3, 2012 at 5:49 pm

The part about going for Obama to get Biden in command pegged my bullshiat meter to eleven. I am highly doubtful as to the veracity of this document. Or going after Gen. P. He is a great leader of men, and has been invaluable to his country, but he is not irreplaceable, any more than big O is. Bin Laden would not be so simple as to think otherwise.

I'm ready for the downvotes, but this sounds bogus to me.

Ben May 3, 2012 at 6:51 pm

They do it for the same reason that we target their high ranking officials. Killing influential leaders can throw things into disarray while at the same time greatly diminishing the will to fight. There's nothing unbelievable about it.

What do you think would happen if our President or top general were assassinated by our enemies? There's few better ways to shake things up.

Nadnerbus May 3, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I can buy that. Crush the head of the snake, throw the body into disarray . The wording of the document sounds like a presidential campaign talking point though. I don't think Obama's handling of the war was any more skillful than Biden's would have been, and I doubt that Bin Laden was any more impressed. This makes Obama look good, and therefore makes me suspicious.

Again, no proof, and I could surely be totally wrong. It just smells funny to me.

Belesari May 3, 2012 at 8:17 pm

You apparently have seen nothing of bidens service the last 4 years. The man was supposed to be a active part of the obama government. He's been such a embarasment they've just got him doing one offs now….and he still fucks em up.

Obama is a slimy utterly corrupt politician from Chicogo…..but he is competent if not doing things the right way in many minds.

Biden is basicly a smilling face. Even die hard democrats admit that.

Nadnerbus May 3, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I know Biden is a fool. So does the Obama administration. Which is why they would be willing to throw him under the bus to make President Obama look good.

Here comes some wild ass speculation on my part with nothing to back it up but suspicion:

At the Democratic convention, Biden "graciously" steps aside and Hillary or some other Dem with more foreign policy gravitas is nominated. Something about the way Obama has been running on his record of killing Bin Laden along with this memo has my suspicion piqued.

Again, absolutely nothing but suspicion and gut feeling.

Max May 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm

O was right about Biden: he isn't prepared to be president IMO. I think his analysis was correct, and FUNNY

passingby May 4, 2012 at 4:27 am

Why is the document smelling fishy and bogus to me?? Must have come from the US government!!! Some late moves to justify Obama's war crimes? Why not just order those whores of the Nobel Prize committee to throw another BS Peace prize at Obama? Despite its rapidly diminishing credibility, the Nobel Peace (or Piiss) prize committee still carries a bit more prestige than the US government, right?

Nadnerbus May 4, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Damn, now that you think its fishy, I have to revise my opinion. If you agree with me, then I must be wrong.

blight_ May 4, 2012 at 9:21 am

If I read the later pages right, AQ is trying to centralize again?

Hilarious tidbit:

"I also think that if the brothers in any territory deem toelevate the position of any of the brothers to a position ofimportance, such as First Deputy or Second Deputy, then thatshould be done in consultation with the central group. If thereis a problem with communications, then the matter will betemporary until consultation can be completed.This is with the stipulation that the CV of the brothers nominated to the position is sent"

CV? Are they kidding me?

Prior work

2002-Present: Coordinated supply convoys over the mountains from Pakistan to Afghanistan. Implemented new deception strategies to evade the crusaders
2002-Present: Coordinated with the various Mujahideen groups to maintain unity in the face of the evil westerners
2001-2002: Assisted with relocation of the emir from Afghanistan to Pakistan

edward stengel May 8, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I hate to say it, but Osama was sure right about Joe Biden. He's a blithering idiot.

Ephor May 15, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I'm guessing that "advanced shoulder-launcehd" is a misspelling of launched? I'm not sure what "launcehd" is.

footyfoot May 4, 2012 at 1:36 am

And maybe just a bit of ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome) as well? Seriously, you are WAY outthinking yourself here. Why not relax, stop counting the trees and maybe then the forest will come into view…

Nadnerbus May 4, 2012 at 2:43 am

lol fair enough. I wouldn't bet any money on this, mind you. I'm just a suspicious b@stard.

I don't trust any politicians. Look at the Bush ANG memo from 2004. Anything's possible.