Home » Weapons » Armor » Friday Video: British APC Destroys A Minnesota House!

Friday Video: British APC Destroys A Minnesota House!

by John Reed on May 4, 2012

How about a video of an armored personnel carrier demolishing a Minnesota home to kick off this weekend of celebrating Cinco de Mayo/The Kentucky Derby?

The video below shows a British-made FV432 APC from the 1960s completely wrecking an abandoned 150-year old house in Kasota, Minn. Apparently, the company that owned the property had the great idea of hiring Drive-A-Tank (seriously, these guys exist, go rent one!) to demolish the property in style!

Per HuffPo:

MarKessa Baedke-Petersen, event coordinator for Drive-A-Tank, told The Huffington Post that her company did not think twice about the request.

“You pay us enough money and we’ll destroy anything with our tanks,” she said.

“The basement had to be filled with wet sand, because we did not want the tank falling in. We also had to go through and make sure the electricity was disconnected and all the pipes were shut off,” Baedke-Petersen explained.

Once the all-clear was given, Tony Burglum, Drive-A-Tank’s owner and operator, drove the 15-ton behemoth through the two-story home. It took about four passes for him to completely destroy the structure.

“From start to finish, it took maybe 20 minutes,” Baedke-Petersen said of the military-style makeover.

The property on which the home was situated was recently sold and the new owners are planning to build a home on the now-vacant lot.

According to Baedke-Petersen, her company may be doing another home demolition in the near future.

Now go crack a Corona or make yourself a mint julep and the click through the jump to watch the APC wreck the house.

Kriskxx Robin May 4, 2012 at 3:07 pm

In Maine we are so poor, and some so thrifty, people actually tear down buildings piece by piece and resale to those for starter homes or other projects. But, I know boys likes their toys and destruction is the American way, today

blight_ May 4, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Betting the vintage furniture people have already picked through the place. There are four or five different companies in the Twin Cities who go through old homes and salvage old fixtures for resale.

To say the least, the quality of the furniture built waybackwhen is pretty impressive. I'm sure the place was already picked clean, and now the old home is gone.

I hope nobody thinks tanks can just plow through buildings…especially in MN and areas with basements. A tank would fall clean through.

ziv May 4, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Man, Americans are fat!

FGR May 4, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Dude, you are right !

Matt May 4, 2012 at 5:59 pm

With a run up, those two at the end could have demolished the 'historic home' in only two passes…

UAVgeek May 4, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Yep, in most of the country, Fat, slow and unsophisticated.

Gunner May 5, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I see Greeks still don't much care for us. How's that economy going for ya:-)

Andy Hughes August 3, 2012 at 1:34 pm

About as well as your education system is going for you; it said geek, not 'greek'.

Pat May 4, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Burk May 4, 2012 at 3:39 pm

A new hallway in the historic home.
That is the America/ns for you, no respect for history, no wonder self annihilation is pending.

blight_ May 4, 2012 at 3:46 pm

If the alternative is letting old homes fall apart in the countryside, I don't see how knocking it down with an APC is any worse.

Matt May 4, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Chill out, someone knocking down an old house is not symbolic of some sort of existential malaise at the heart of the american nation.

Marc Pavone May 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

you should see the dilapidated, outdated, energy inefficient, poorly designed down towns that plague the USA because historical societies won't allow old buildings of questionable historical value be torn down. Once it's written down, history is just a book to be read. I'd rather live in the future than revel in the past.

Lance May 4, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Looks fun and its the Military.com way of making a new house. LOL

Jayson May 4, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Yes overweight but it's an issue with most Western countries. I'm impressed the old guy driving the tank didn't mistake the throttle and ran into the neighbours house too. Now THAT would have been epic cool.

needlesscommenter May 5, 2012 at 12:46 am

Weeeeeee!!

Brian Black May 5, 2012 at 9:01 am

It may be a British tank, and driven by an American, but I sense Ahmadinejad’s evil hand in this matter.

There’s only one way to deal with this attack on America’s homeland… the invasion and occupation of Iran!

jamesb May 5, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Off topic…..

Anybody have any info on if Obama flew on a ARMY Chinook into and out of Kabul?

I saw a picture that looked like it …..

Baron von French May 5, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Funny how everyone stereotypes "Americans" from a few video clips. If I were to make identical comments but base it on something like skin color, people would freak the hell out. We have forgotten our manners in society.

jamesb May 5, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Ok…
I'm happy to answer my OWN question…
Yes there WAS an Army One movement of the POTUS…..

160 SOAR drivers….

Gio May 6, 2012 at 4:37 pm

thanks jamesb , the link is incredible .

Gio May 6, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I like to see the driver with the dog . The dog is the inconditional frien of humankind , in peace or war , poor or rich ……… . And now is learning to drive a tank . Americans are so crazy .

raol May 7, 2012 at 5:52 am

reuse, reuse, reuse. ..
there looked to be enough door and window frames in the house that could have been used, not to mention siding perhaps ?

Hatredcopter May 12, 2012 at 10:04 am

Lol, no thanks. We're Americans.

Rocker May 7, 2012 at 10:38 am

Mondo excellent!

afella May 8, 2012 at 12:07 am

Well with all of the negative comments here, I would like to state I love this. F it, sometimes the economics of leveling a house and promoting a smaller midwest business out weigh other concerns. To do it in this fashion is sweet as hell, wish I would have had word about this I would have went to watch.

Jerry May 9, 2012 at 6:32 pm

In the Dakota's we burn the old houses, gives the Fire Department practice and cleans as it goes. Most of the old houses around here have recently become vary valuable and are selling rather well thanks to the Oil Boom up north, in fact a real estate agent called me the other day, seems somebody heard me complain about my house, he says he can sell it for twice what I paid for it 15 years back, I would consider it but then I would have to find some place to live… Oh that was filmed in Minnesota, we in the Dakota's are much thinner thanks to the lack of employment, and thus food!! That is unless you want to work the oil field, and I am in No shape to work there.

Ruko September 21, 2012 at 6:34 pm

not a tank!!!

Henry Leeds March 12, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I guess that's one way to demolish a house to make way for a new one. I'm surprised the new owners didn't go overboard and used a full-fledged battle tank to blow the house to smithereens.

Gilly Gamgee April 14, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Unique way of doing a demolition job. Since it took the tank four attempts to destroy it completely, that says a lot about the construction of the house.

-Gilly Gamgee

soleselect.stage.n-framescorp.com August 16, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Excellent blog you have got here.. It’s hard to find good quality writing like yours these days.
I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

freespinsdirekt.se September 21, 2014 at 3:00 am

As the admin of this web page is working, no doubt very shortly it
will be famous, due to its feature contents.

UAVgeek May 7, 2012 at 3:44 pm

It'd be nice if people could read too. Thanks for the disambiguation Bubba,