Home » Air » A New Chinese Fighter!? Sigh, No

A New Chinese Fighter!? Sigh, No

by John Reed on June 22, 2012

Is that another UFO being trucked cross country or China’s newest stealth fighter? Nope, it’s just a lengthened version of a Hongdu L-15 jet trainer — which is said to be developed with assistance from from the Russian Yak-130 team — stopping for a Big Gulp at a rest stop on the highway from Beijing to Shenyang, China.

Teh Internets have been abuzz this morning with rumors that this is China’s newest fighter. Nope.

Nice Audi.

Ps. Some are suggesting that this is really is Shenyang’s F-60 stealth fighter design. While there are similarities, I’m not convinced. The aircraft size, cockpit, leading-edge extensions and wing designs resemble an L-15 too strongly for me to say this an new jet.

Mastro June 22, 2012 at 9:34 am

I hear Audis are real popular in China ever since some "prince" ran over someone in his BMW and did the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM ?" bit.

cs4 June 22, 2012 at 10:05 am

Have you heard about US commerce secretary's involvement in a car crash?

aerodog79 June 22, 2012 at 10:19 am

Gee, was he driving an Audi, too? Sounds like bad Ju-Ju.

Mark Pyruz June 22, 2012 at 9:58 am

Why "poo poo" a new variant? Too lazy to engage in the speculation?

Juuso June 22, 2012 at 11:02 am

That plane has a "stinger" between engines, L-15 does not have such thing. Also, plane is wider than L-15.

Rohan June 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I am sure this is something mischivi about Chinese…..are they again making toys!!!

tjo November 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm

u are just a crazy person who needs more brain

cozine June 22, 2012 at 1:26 pm

L-15 has a large LEX which hides the inlet below. It is hard to see from this angle but looks to me like a caret inlet. Also looks like a single-seater to me.

19E10 June 22, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Cozine, While it doesn't appear to be a tandem configuration, perhaps it's a side by side. The front part of the jet appears to be almost as wide as the back (Su Flanker Platypus …).

Ben June 22, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Agreed. Also, the nose of the aircraft in the link doesn't taper down nearly as much as the standard L-15.

I'm starting to think this is something new. Nothing to really worry about, but something new nonetheless.

cozine June 22, 2012 at 1:26 pm

h ttp://img.cjdby.com/data/attachment/forum/201206/22/195739za1o13b0i4r40srr.jpg

Tribulationtime June 22, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Looks like L-15. I agree what seems be a single-seater, but i think this plane is disable by accident, shuch a bird crash so thats, broken canopy, explains the background house in the middle. No make sense, if she can fly; dismount the vertical plane and do not with the wings. I think so.

Juuso June 22, 2012 at 2:53 pm

There is few reasons why it can't be L-15.

- It has a "stinger" (probably electronics) between engines.

- Engines are too far apart for it to be L-15.

- Fuselage is too wide.

- Radome is not round. (third pic)

TribulationTime June 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Where is the third pic? I saw only the first of the post. So if there is more intel, I hold my silly jugdment until see the others.

TRibulationtime June 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Man I agree with you. The photo made from above, I think I see the fashioned f-35 engine intake. F-60 wind shape it is like the F-22 or like the f-16?. Thanke you, for the tip.

Lance June 22, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Forget the plane, I like the cool tarp over the plane.

Zip June 22, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Have you ever kissed a girl, Lance?

Zip June 22, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Or do you not shoot straight?

Ben June 22, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Could it be the Shenyang F-60? It matches the mockup shown here:

Michael June 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I hope it is.

19E10 June 22, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Ben, Very good possibility. The wings are of a similar shape and the apparent width of the front could be caused by the way the netting transits from the intake to the nose. The "Norinco Raptor" !

Ben June 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Exactly what I was thinking. Not only are the design's eerily similar but the timing of this airframe's appearance coincides with when you might see a full-scale prototype (the mockup of the F-60 was revealed back in September).

@4FingrsOfBurbon June 22, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Man I should be an author here for all the stories I feed you….

Sal June 22, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Nice Audi.

XianYe June 23, 2012 at 5:05 am

Ignorance or bias knows no bounds。 That's why the West is acting the setting sun these days, and fast。The days when the West claims technological superiority are numbered。Their wealth is also rapidly disappearing into nothingness。Wake up,guys。

Old Navy June 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

Lets worry about our F35A,B,and C's and our F22 problems and stop wasting time on
playing what's under the tarp. Remember prior to D-Day the allies had inflatable tanks, aircraft,etc. to fool the Germans into thinking Patton's non exiting, at that time 3rd Army was going to spearhead the invasion across the channel at Port Calais. I think it is the new Vulcan Death Fighter that the China swapped from the Vulcan's for US T Bonds.
You not the transformer truck transporter that changes into the mother ship. The Audi is a stealth UMA. Get a grip guys and beam aboard the mother ship

R11 July 16, 2012 at 3:52 pm
compare uk supplements April 8, 2014 at 1:43 am

When you exercise regularly, you need to intake a good quantity of high-level protein
to your muscles. Calories from protein foods (meats, fish, eggs, dairy) send a different message to your body.
No programming or prior website experience is needed.